£50 000 to support small support groups on the Island
Long term Conditions Self-Help/Peer Support Grant Programme 2015 -2016
One of the core aims of the My Life a Full Life (MLAFL) Programme is to help people support and care for themselves.
In partnership with the Third Sector MLAFL is therefore issuing this prospectus inviting voluntary and community self-help/peer support organisations working with individuals, their families and carers to bid for funding that will support and develop the work they do.
The Prospectus is open to new and existing voluntary and community self-help/peer support groups but applicant organisations must have an annual turnover of less than £25,000.
Proposals which have some but not necessarily all of the following characteristics will be given priority:
- Those which show how people are going to be provided with additional support to manage their health condition
- Those which show how they are going to support people to have greater knowledge and skills enabling them to manage difficult, life changing situations better
- Those which show that they will effectively use technology as a support tool
- Those which address an identifiable safeguarding concern
- Those that demonstrate they are going to work with individuals who are geographically isolated.
- Those which can demonstrate they are working in partnership whether that is with public/voluntary/private sector partners.
Bids for purchase of items of equipment to support delivery of these objectives by self-help/peer support groups will be considered.
The total expected funding available through this prospectus is £50,000. Individual applications can be up to a total amount of £5,000. The work must be delivered by the end of 2016.
All proposals should be discussed with Claire Tillman Health and Well-being Development Officer at Community Action IW on 01983524058 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org before work commences on any potential bid for this funding. This is only way to secure an approved application form.
Closing date for applications is noon on Friday 11th September. No exceptions will be made.