Call Us: 01983 524 058

facebook-32 twitter-32 instagram rss-32

Settling in the UK.

Settling in the UK

Useful information for Ukrainians settling in the UK 

Driving in the UK – Ukrainian driving licences can be used in the UK for 12 months.  Other useful information can be found here 

UK Ukrainian Community” – an information website created by Ukrainians for Ukrainians. It contains a lot of useful information for people who are temporarily settling in the UK while fleeing war in Ukraine.

A collection of FREE resources to help people of all ages learn English


If you are planning to work then you will need a National Insurance (NI) number. You can apply online here

National Job sites


Find A Job

The UK Centre for Professional Qualifications (UK CPQ) covers all aspects of professional qualifications in an international context. If you wish to work in the UK, you need to determine whether the profession you wish to access is regulated and what you will need to do in order to pursue your profession. Please see here for more information: 

You can check the list of the Regulated Professions in the UK here


You may wish to make a claim for financial assistance to help living costs until you find work.  The main benefit to claim is called Universal Credit.  You can find out more about Universal Credit and make an online claim here

There may be other financial support that you are eligible to claim for example if you have children living with you in the UK or if you have a disability.  You can make an appointment with Citizens Advice to find out more


Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Back to Top
Community Action Isle of Wight