Covid-19 Vaccination Steward/Marshall Volunteers – Sign Up at bottom of this page
The IW NHS Trust is getting ready to deliver a COVID-19 vaccination programme and we need your help. We are looking for volunteers to be at the forefront of the local fight against the virus – you could be part of it!
As we gear up to be ready in the New Year, we are seeking Volunteer Marshalls. This is an exciting opportunity to join us and play your part in protecting the community and saving lives.
In the New Year it is anticipated that vaccination centres will be open from 8am-8pm, 7 days a week. There will be four hour shifts available over a twelve hour period seven days a week.
Please circulate to friends and family members that might be interested to volunteer as a Vaccination Marshall.
Role: Vaccination Steward/Marshall
Area: Newport | Westridge, Ryde
Purpose: We need friendly, professional volunteers to support the National Vaccination Programme on the Isle of Wight
Key Tasks (what you will be doing):
- Meeting and greeting those coming for vaccination
- Flow management outside the vaccination centres and car parks. Direct people to entrance
- Be a friendly face of reassurance
- Ask the COVID-19 symptom check questions provided
- Undertake temperature checks using hand held device
- Assist in the prevention of overcrowding by encouraging social distancing
- Signposting and guiding members of the public where to go outside and inside the building
- Providing extra support or signposting if anyone needs additional support
- Liaising with staff and other volunteers to ensure a smooth flow of members of the public
To follow UK government advice on hand hygiene
- To maintain confidentiality at all times
- To be comfortable communicating while wearing a face mask
- To keep good time-keeping and show regular commitment
Boundaries (what you won’t be doing):
- No clinical advice or medical advice
- No lifting of heavy equipment
- No tasks outside this role description
- No involvement in administering vaccines
Volunteers required for one or more of the following shifts:
8-12pm, 12-4pm, 4-8pm Monday to Sunday
Immediate start and be able to commit to at least 1 month
Ideally able to keep to the same days and time
The venues are fully accessible
- You will receive a local induction and orientation. This will include any training that is relevant to perform your tasks
- Travel expenses can be reimbursed – please note this may not be on the same day
- Tea and coffee will be available
- You will have a named person for contact
You will need to wear a face mask whilst volunteering
We may require you to undertake pre-placement checks & training
Comfortable footwear and layers of warm clothing suitable for all weathers. Marshalls are likely to be outside for prolonged periods in their shift so please be prepared for this. If you have your own waterproof jacket and trousers please bring these with you.
All Personal Protective Equipment such as masks will be provided. You can use your own washable mask.
Sign up here:
Vaccination Centre Volunteer Sign Up
Sign up form for potential volunteers for Vaccination centres