Voluntary Sector Support Officer – Job Advertisement
18 hrs a wk (£12,162 pa)
2 years (Fixed Term)
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and self-motivated Voluntary Sector Support Officer to join our staff team, willing to work on a range of projects. You will need to be someone who sees the glass as half full, has a friendly cooperative approach and enjoys being part of a team.
This role will be varied and it is essential that you have a positive outlook, work well in a team, can multi-task and adapt to changing demands. You will work on a variety of projects, which may change over time: Initially this will include:
- Supporting the organisational development of local VCSE organisations, with a current particular focus around the use of digital technology.
- Supporting the delivery of the Volunteer Centre Service, helping individuals to find volunteering opportunities and helping groups to recruit and manage volunteers.
- Supporting partnership working and engagement both within the sector, with the local authority and local NHS bodies and with the local Healthwatch service, which seeks to identify and monitor local issues around the delivery of health and social care services.
To proactively contribute to the work of Community Action IW in supporting Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) to thrive on the Isle of Wight.
- Manage a personal workload and plan
- Take responsibility for leading on specific projects or topics, including but not limited to Digital Skills project.
- Prepare occasional reports as directed by the CEO or your line manager
- Support the work of the Community Action IW team
- Produce information updates for publication on our website and distribution via our e-newsletter
Full Person specification here: Voluntary Sector Support Officer
Closing date: Friday 11th December 2020
Interviews: Thursday 17th December 2020
To apply, email your covering letter and CV to Philippa Daley email@example.com. If you have any questions regarding this post please contact Philippa by email or phone 07940 566 905
Community Action is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a DBS disclosure.