Community Action IW offers regular training programmes each year with workshops and training sessions on a wide variety of topics to support voluntary and community groups across the Island:
Please contact us if there are specific training needs for your organisation that you would like us to help with.
How to Plan Your Fundraising Strategy
Wed, 14 July 2021
10:00 – 13:00
Join this three hour workshop to kick-start your fundraising into action. Led by one of the most successful fundraisers on the Island.
Title: 8 stages to plan your fundraising strategy
Who should attend: The course will cover the basics of building a successful fundraising strategy. Relevant for new and existing charities who have small or no fundraising teams and want to know how to create or improve their fundraising.
What you will learn:
- Current dynamics in the fundraising marketplace
- How to create a successful fundraising strategy for your charity
- How to create a motivating fundraising proposition and ‘ask’
- How you chose who to target and why
- What fundraising channels to consider
- Interactive exercises to develop your charity’s fundraising plan
For details and to book: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/how-to-plan-your-fundraising-strategy-tickets-145675167347
Community Resilience Training
The following course is being offered FREE of charge to volunteers and voluntary sector organisations.
Training offer from the Community Resilience Project (CAIW)
Resilience for Post-Pandemic Recovery (live online)
Tuesday, 15 June 2021 – 10:00 to 12:00
This 2-hour (including a break) online session will help you develop your mental resilience and enhance your personal effectiveness to prepare you for the challenges of post-pandemic recovery.
What is covered:
– How we, as individuals, deal with unwanted change and other adverse events and circumstances;
– Stress and its impact on our health (both physical and mental);
– What is resilience and strategies to build personal resilience during challenging times.
Learning outcomes: By the end of the workshop you will:
– understand resilience, pressure, stress and adversity and their association with mental health;
– be able to use a number of strategies, skills, tactics and tools to bolster your resilience and wellbeing.
To book your FREE place please email Zoryna O’Donnell: firstname.lastname@example.org
Advice First Aider Volunteer (comprising 2 sessions – live online)
People need advice on multiple issues at different times of their lives, but don’t always need the in-depth advice provided by a Citizens Advice General Adviser. You will be a well-established member of your local community who will be able to signpost people to trusted sources of information, whilst maintaining the aims and values of Citizens Advice.
You will be supported by the General Advice team, with access to the Citizens Advice online advice service, and their own local Isle Find It web-based community resource.
Session 1: 15th July 2021 – 10:00 to 11:00
Session 2: 21st July 2021 – 13:00 to 15:00
To book your FREE place please email Simon Barton: email@example.com
Watch this space – more training courses to follow!
If you would like training in a particular area, please contact Philippa Daley firstname.lastname@example.org
Refresh your knowledge with these FREE online courses.
Get to grips with what’s required to be an Essential Trustee and develop your Fundraising skills.
To secure a place on any of our courses please complete and return the Booking Form
Please get in touch if you have any training requirements by emailing us at: email@example.com
Our e-newsletter is distributed fortnightly and includes a training section. To keep up to date with our training opportunities Register Your Organisation with us.